Welcome!

My photo
Withering Cedars, Georgia, United States
My name is Tim Morris. I currently dwell in Northwest Georgia on my estate, Withering Cedars, nestled at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, with my lovely wife and two beautiful daughters, where I teach high school American literature. I have been writing poetry for the majority of my life. I write about what I see around me. When asked, I describe my style as "realist romantic surrealism". The environment, sex, jazz, religion, politics, family, etc., are the subjects on which I tend to focus. When I am not writing, I play the banjo, didgeridoo, or drums or wander aimlessly shooting odd objects with my camera.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

"with just a little effort"

the possibilities
for insanity
are boundless.

a dimly lit
staircase
after rum

a paint chip
floating on the surface
of your iced tea.

look into the mirror
and imagine jesus christ
walking across your eyelashes

or skeletons
picking their way
through your skin

or simply sit
on your sofa
some saturday afternoon

alone
and think of pathways
to the asylum.

the silence
will squeeze your ears
'til they bleed

and the sound
of you own voice
muttering lines of poetry

will blind you
with the dazzling
light of incoherence.

the possibilities
for insanity
are boundless.

all you need
to do
is try.


2 comments:

Jonnia Smith said...

but some of us don't even need to try ;o)

Tim Morris said...

I know this too, too well.