Welcome!

My photo
Withering Cedars, Georgia, United States
My name is Tim Morris. I currently dwell in Northwest Georgia on my estate, Withering Cedars, nestled at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, with my lovely wife and two beautiful daughters, where I teach high school American literature. I have been writing poetry for the majority of my life. I write about what I see around me. When asked, I describe my style as "realist romantic surrealism". The environment, sex, jazz, religion, politics, family, etc., are the subjects on which I tend to focus. When I am not writing, I play the banjo, didgeridoo, or drums or wander aimlessly shooting odd objects with my camera.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

"on watching my wife sew a scarf"

scraps of sari
a broken raga

on winter wind
tokens of longing

a simpler time
stitched together with

thread woven from
shattered tears and

rolling molten light
into beautiful scarf

patchwork of obsession
life in balance

ghost lantern illuminating
night's obtuse clouds

4 comments:

~C said...

Your words sweetened the air...
*Happy new year to you and your loved ones! ~

. said...

The simplest observations are often the most profound - and yes, Happy New Year.

Jenny said...

A magical feel about this one. I agree with leigh. And the mundane is always more than it seems. Happy New Year.

Tim Morris said...

Thank you all so much for the kind words. I wish you a Happy New Year, too!!